Bulletin: May 1, 2020, 6:00 PM MST – Essential Service Update
Attention Silent-Aire Team:
At Silent-Aire, our greatest asset is our people. Keeping our employee’s safe and out of harm’s way all the time, every day is our priority.
Silent-Aire has been designated as an essential service business in Canada, USA, and Ireland. Your local Government may now be making plans for the re-opening of non-essential services in your area. At this critical time we want to remind you that being an essential service employee comes with a responsibility to ensure the wellbeing of all our employees and families.
Every employee must stay committed to the additional guarded measures Silent-Aire has implemented in the fight against COVID-19. We will continue to use all of these guarded measures on a daily basis:
- Travel Restrictions: Elimination of air travel and all non-essential travel.
- Temperature and Symptom screening at all facilities will continue indefinitely.
- +6 Social Distancing Program. This applies for when you are at work and away from work.
- Do not carpool. When you leave the facility maintain +6 Social Distancing in public areas.
- Increase hand washing and do not touch your face.
- Wear a mask. Silent-Aire has provided non-medical masks to employees. Wearing a non-medical mask is about protecting each other.
- Eliminate non-essential touching of surfaces. Removal of shared property: coffee makers, toasters, electric ovens, microwaves, cutlery, cups, plates, condiments from Silent-Aire property.
- Increased Cleaning and Sanitization. We have over doubled our cleaning and sanitizing of facilities.
- Traceability tracking program. Elimination of non-essential movement of people between facilities.
- Facility Alert Status Levels. There are 4 Alert Levels at all facilities to create awareness for employees and provide a roadmap to return to work at a facility after an Emergency Response.
The following policy will also continue until further notice:
- If you are not feeling well – It is imperative that you Stay at Home and not come to work. Specifically, do not show up for work if you have any COVID-19 symptoms not related to a pre-existing health condition. The COVID-19 symptoms include: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, and sore throat.
- If you show up for work with any of the COVID-19 symptoms you will be asked to return home and isolate for 14 days or until you have been tested for COVID-19 and cleared by a health professional.
- If you live with someone who is in isolation due to COVID-19 symptoms you should not attend work until they are tested and cleared.
- If you have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 you must self-isolate and not attend work for 14 days or until you have been tested and cleared by a health professional.
- If you travel by airplane, until further notice, you must self-isolate and will not be permitted back to work for 14 days. The 14 days of isolation will be enforced until further notice regardless of re-opening of economies by local authorities.
We are asking all our employees to be vigilant and maintain our protection by highlighting any risk to your health, your co-worker’s health or to the company. At Silent-Aire we are committed to protect the health and safety of our employees, their families, as well as our customers and the communities we live in. We are all in this together in this fight against COVID-19.