Bulletin: March 25, 2020 5:00pm MST
ATTENTION PHOENIX EMPLOYEES:
Federal, State and Local authorities have taken several actions in the response to COVID-19. Silent-Aire manufactures essential global, national and local critical infrastructure for Information Technology, cloud computing services, mission critical business infrastructure, web-based services, thereby defining Silent-Aire as an Essential Service.
Silent-Aire must follow the guidance from authorities and continue to provide products and services as per direction from the Government:
US Department of Homeland Security: Memorandum of Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response:
Functioning critical infrastructure is imperative during the response to the COVID-19 emergency for both public health and safety as well as community well-being. Certain critical infrastructure industries have a special responsibility in these times to continue operations.
This guidance and accompanying list are intended to support State, Local, and industry partners in identifying the critical infrastructure sectors and the essential workers needed to maintain the services and functions Americans depend on daily and that need to be able to operate resiliently during the COVID-19 pandemic response.
This document gives guidance to State, local, tribal, and territorial jurisdictions and the private sector on defining essential critical infrastructure workers. Promoting the ability of such workers to continue to work during periods of community restriction, access management, social distancing, or closure orders/directives is crucial to community resilience and continuity of essential functions.
Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Data center operators, including system administrators, HVAC & electrical engineers, security personnel, IT managers, data transfer solutions engineers, software and hardware engineers, and database administrators
- Client service centers, field engineers, and other technicians supporting critical infrastructure, as well as manufacturers and supply chain vendors that provide hardware and software, and information technology equipment (to include microelectronics and semiconductors) for critical infrastructure.
- Workers supporting the provision of essential global, national and local infrastructure for computing services (incl. cloud computing services), business infrastructure, web-based services, and critical manufacturing
- Workers supporting communications systems and information technology used by law enforcement, public safety, medical, energy and other critical industries
- Support required for continuity of services, including janitorial/cleaning personnel
Governor Douglas A. Ducey State of Arizona issued Executive Order 20-12: “Prohibiting the Closure of Essential Services”:
WHEREAS, while officials work to prevent the spread of COVID-19, it is also necessary to ensure that essential services continue to be provided and are available to the population to ensure the health, safety and welfare of every person; and
WHEREAS, action is necessary in order to ensure continuity of operations throughout the State that support the efforts to prevent and respond to COVID-19
- … the following includes categories of essential functions and shall include but not be limited to:
- …. internet, video and telecommunications systems (including the provision of essential global, national, and local infrastructure for computing services, business infrastructure communications and web-based services). Essential Infrastructure shall be construed broadly to avoid any impacts to essential infrastructure, broadly defined….
- Essential Businesses and Operations: includes but is not limited to Healthcare and Public Health Operations, Human Services Operations, Essential Governmental Functions and Essential Infrastructure Operations as well as the following:
xv.) Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations: Businesses that sell, manufacture, or supply other Essential Businesses and Operations with the support or materials necessary to operate, including computers, audio and video electronics, household appliances; IT and telecommunication equipment
As Silent-Aire is providing Essential products it is imperative that we all remain diligent on our daily habits including: Social Distancing, increased handwashing, and staying home and away from others if you are sick.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Silent-Aire representative.